Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Dog Health Questions: I'm getting into Corrections at the Prison in Arizona, after my probation period is up I can apply for K-9

unit but it's hard to get into. I have some vet tech history and now a little bit about dog training, but teaching dogs to open the fridge, give hugs and fetch their food dishes aren't going to help me. Any suggestions? I want this really bad.

Dog Training: It's Not Just For Adults Anymore



Recommended Answer:
Amy, specialty positions are usually given after working hard for many years.

I would work hard and then try down the road for a specialty position. You most likely need to get your feet wet a bit prior to getting this type of assignment.

Dog Training - You and Your Dog


  • You can apply but I wouldn't expect it for a few years. K-9 is what a lot of officers want and they have to put their time in until a position becomes available. I say if you want to do it then go for it, just expect to have to wait a while for the position.

No comments:

Post a Comment