Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Dog Health Questions: What is a good location to?

I want to have my own dog training facility. What is a good location for a dog training facility? I also want an area near-ish a shelter, as I want to train dogs for the shelter for free so that they can get homes. I also want to help police when they have cases involving animals as I have a natural bond with dogs and they trust me. Any suggestions of good places?

Aggressive Dog Training: 6 Tips to Civilize Your Dog



Recommended Answer:
Well I was going to say Wyoming, but the population insn't big enough for that...so...
maybe like...Salt Lake City, UT...its the city, but you're like 30 minutes from the middle of nowhere!

Denver, Co is nice too!

Reward Dog Training


  • First of all, you're trying to do too much.

    You need to have a business plan, study the pet population and the spending habits of a location on their pets - or it won't matter. Then, you need to look at the real estate costs in that area. It is often a harsh reality that the facilities that are affordable are not near the population that would pay for them.

    On top of that, you'r first task would be to make the center a viable one - before you give anything away. That would easily take up all your time and energy for well over a year. And depending upon the shelter, most facilities of that kind cannot afford to have the shelter dogs on the premises for fear of bringing diseases in to the paying clientele.

    As for the police work, you need to be highly qualified to do animal investigations. That's a whole different career.

    I think you would have to pick which of these things you want to do first, and start with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment