Sunday, November 18, 2012

Dog Health Questions: Is it illegal for a minor to charge for services in Los Angeles?

I'm 14, and want to have a dog training service [basics, etc. really, really cheap. mostly doing it since i want to spend time with dogs]. I'm asking in this category because I'm sure you guys are more keen on the laws and all that.

Dog Training Mistakes You Should Never Do



Recommended Answer:
It's legal.

(And no, there's no license required in CA)

BUT.. you won't be able to buy insurance, and you must notify your customers that you're a minor.

Richard

Dog Training Hand Signal - Train Your Dog To Sit With Only Showing Your Hand


  • I think if I were you, I would be afraid to be the owner of my own business, even at 14 someone will sue you.

  • It falls in the same category as babysitting. So no, it isn't illegal anywhere in the country.

  • You can charge for such services, you'll just have to make sure you report your earnings to the IRS. And since you're in California, you'll probably need to be licensed to provide the service, and that might be a problem at 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment